Little Girl Swallows Heart Shaped Necklace
In Cincinnati, Ohio a little girl named Laci mistakenly swallowed her necklace.
The piece of jewelry lodged itself in her throat and got stuck.
The third grader said, "I was trying to put my hair up and I had my locket in my mouth, and he was making me laugh so I was laughing at the smae time, and when I went up like that it just went down my throat."
Laci was in a lot of pain, it felt a stabbing pain in her chest.
Her mom took her to the hospital.
She got this x-ray, and then the doctor's decided to send her to Cincinnati Children's Hospital to see if they knew what to do to get the necklace out.
On the drive to the second hospital her mom hit a pothole in the road.
The entire car jumped a bit when her tires ran over the hole in the road.
Turns out, hitting this bump solved the problem.
THe locket had been dislodged from Laci's chest and dropped down to her stomach.
She was out of pain and breathing normally again."It's going to have to come out the old-fashioned way," Laci said.
Doctors said it will be a day or two before Laci can start searching for her buried treasure.
Laci said, "I'm just going to get a new necklace because I'm not going through that treasure."